Jewish Apple Cake
3 cups flour (you may use 1/2 white, 1/2 wheat flour)
|3||teaspoons baking powder|
|4||large eggs, unbeaten|
|1/2||cup orange juice|
|4||large apples, peeled, and sliced|
|4||teaspoons sugar, separated (**keep from the other sugar**)|
- Mix together 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 4 teaspoons sugar, set aside.
- Beat together until smooth–flour, 2 cups of sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, oil, eggs, and juice. Then in a separate bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Layer the batter and apples in a greased tube pan.
- Pour some batter, layer it with apples, then switch back and forth until it is all used up.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.