|1/3||lb cooked ham, cubed|
|1/2||teaspoon mustard powder|
|6||ounces frozen peas|
|8-12||ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese|
|1||teaspoon minced garlic (optional)|
|1||teaspoon worcestershire sauce (optional)|
- In small bowl, blend flour, mustard powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute butter and garlic in large saucepan over medium heat. When butter is melted, gradually add flour mixture and stir until bubbly and smooth.
- Remove from heat and slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Return to heat and let boil, stirring often so it doesn't stick to bottom of pan.
- Meanwhile, microwave peas in covered bowl for about 4 minutes. Shred cheddar and dice ham.
- Once sauce thickens, add peas, cheddar, and ham. Stick bread slices in the toaster.
- When cheese melts and sauce is blended, spoon sauce over toast and serve.